Monday, May 16, 2005

Raising Issues

I was taking a shower when it dawned onto me. Raising a girl has a heavy cost load on parents than it does boys.

I'm a girl myself but just as I see, where in a house of 4 women and 1 man, the women spend more. Firstly, thanks to the almighty above us, women have to go through omething we call a 'Period'. During that 5 to 7 days period, we are wasting money on pads and tampons (for the guys reading this, if you dunno what a tampon is for, go look out at the stores... its good to stop a nose bleed). In these days of depression, we have to get something to help soothe the pain of cramps and the uprising fustrations caused by mood swings. That's when a good tub of ice- cream (for me) or lots of chocolate come in play. Again, money is spent.

Well, the guys have it better, they dun have something called the 'Period'. In fact they have it so much better cos all they have are 'wet dreams' (I would say that is eqiuvelent to our periods. And guys, a word of advise, if you do sports keep off steriods and shirts with lots of holes, they cause more consistency to wet dreams). Oh and a point to note, its more troublesome to change the sheets everytime they have a wet dream then to just throw a tampon away.

Next, girls, we need to care for our skin so much, a trip to a make up & beauty counter could easily rip us of a hundred r so dollars? I dunno, you do your side of the maths. I know this doesn't work for many... but hey its something most of us do invest in.

Befor you say I;m sexist, I know men are equally picky about themselves of late. But in Singapore, that is a small population which may take a while to cultivate and nuture into budding new plants... ok that was lame and uncalled for.

Thirdly, we women, have to buy more clothes than the men. Take our undies for example. We have to wear 2 pieces and the men only need 1. Some just need 2 pieces to get through the week. DISGUSTING!
Anyway, what the men wear underneath doesn't matter, but what a women wear does. If we wear something dark under a white shirt, people start to bitch. Men & women bitch about this... this is so unfair.
Lets' ignore that. But the clothes we buy are generally more than men. Take ehis for example. We wear different clothes everyday to make ourselves presentable, but some men (like my dad) can wear the same type of clothes bought in the dozens everyday and no one would say a word. Whereas women can't do that. People will think that we didn't go home to change and was spending the night out or something, you know what I mean.

Well I'll leave it as that for now... will try to think of more things. Hahaha but parents, rest assure that you have made a great investment in getting a girl over a boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home